Have you ever wanted to expand your wine knowledge and palate? If so, this is the course for you! Back by popular demand, our annual wine immersion course is upon us. All classes include a 2 1/2 hour presentation with accompanying wines.
Week 1: Wine 101
Week 2: Bubbles from Around the World
Week 3: The Wines of North America
Week 4: Appellation Laws and White Wines of France
Week 5: The Wines of Bordeaux
Week 6: The Wines of the Rhône Valley/Mid-term
Week 7: The Red Wines of Burgundy
Week 8: The Wines of Italy
Week 9: The Wines of Spain & Portugal
Week 10: Final Exam
* Recommended Reference Books for Students:
- Kevin Zraly’s “Windows of The World”
- Wine for Dummies
- Culinary Institute of America “Exploring Wine”
- Karen MacNeil’s “The Wine Bible”
- Herbst & Herbst “Wine Lover’s Companion”
- “Diving Into Wine” Wayne Belding M.S.
Upon successful completion, you will be given a course certificate from Virginia Philip Wine Shop & Academy.